.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

An A-Z of My Last Two Weeks Off-Blog

A is for apathy, anxiety and anger that are my steady, constant companions

B is for baking my own banana bread which i'm still trying to eat my way through

C is for taking more interest in cooking (recent triumphs include sticky date pudding and souffle) even if it is femme-ey.

D is for damage control in my life; and for the lovely Denisa, my co-door girl at the NYE party I worked at who saved the night by being the antithesis of my Creature From the Deep.

E is for the Iraqi election that Atomic is going to work on in Iran; hoping all goes well before it goes to hell; and for the e-cards I received this year!

F is for the friends that helped me to cook and eat a wonderful christmas dinner for the orphans/heathens/atheists among us.

G is for Georgina who called me from the future (i.e. Australia) to wish me a Happy New Year.

H is for a Happy New Year to everybody - may what you're looking for find you this year and for the hole I found in the ass of my pants as they came out of the washing machine (here's to hoping I haven't been running around town like that).

I is for the "I Love Kissing" t-shirt that Claire sent me (Claire loves Animals and Georgina loves Reading).

J is for joke: How many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb? Whaaaat??? You mean you don't know???

K is for the Kiss Me brand mascara that is so amazing - its made of latex so it doesn't run.

L is for Love, Life and all the other big subjects best discussed over thai food.

M is for my masochistic tendencies.

N is for the nicorette/nicoderm regimen I will be embarking on shortly.

O is for being called "Auntie Oblivia" by human children and trying my best to be Auntie-like and "play".

P is for pfeffernuss that T.Lo sent me home with after a fabulous Xmas eve dinner at her house.

Q is for queueing at the SAQ (the crown corporation that sells booze in Quebec) because only a few outlets are open since their strike action mid-December which left me feeling terrible for crossing a picket line.

R is for the resolutions that I always say I'm not going to make to jinx things but do secretly anyway, never quite sure if it counts as a jinx if you make a resolution secretly; its also for the Roomies who are due back shortly from their respective overseas sojourns with, surely, many amusing stories to recount.

S is for the sighs that involuntarily escaped my lips as I made miso soup with udon noodles as my first meal of the year at 7:00am - so happy to be home, was I.

T is for the Tumour that you might have ("Its not a tooo-muh") and the frightening tsunami that made millions of hearts break worldwide.

U is for continuing to underestimate the time it takes me to do anything and everything.

V is for the vigilant watch I am determined to keep on the nature of the aid flowing to tsunami afllicted areas (How much of the aid that is pledged going to come through? Does it need to be in the form of credit lines as opposed to outright cash?)

W is for the W Hotel bar that had last call at midnight on Xmas eve - lame!

X is for Xmas that I'm trying to wean myself off of, even though I love the gift exchanging ritual.

Y is for having the strength to be you.

Z is for the "zzzzzzzzzzzz" status on my iChat for nearly 24 hours while I tried to sleep off the stupid flu

6 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger pet said...

hi, guess who i am :)) i finally managed to get a user name
reading about the sticky date pudding reminded me of beeing in sydney.
have you got a recipe for the pudding? maybe i can try to do one by myself.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger pet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

Hmmm. I know its someone who has *been* to Sydney but not *from* Sydney. MD? Is that you? Shall I call you "pet" from now on?

Funnily enough, I got the recipe from the web site of this tv show called Burke's Backyard, hosted by Don Burke. Its a lifestyle TV show that spans everything from home renovations, gardening, food and pets. I like it in spite myself. My mom met him once- supposedly he has quite the eye for the ladies.

http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/2004/archives/2004/food,_health_and_nutrition/sticky_date_pudding

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger pet said...

Wrong answer. Try to add a couple of characters to the "pet" - that's me.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

Peter??? Is that YOU???? :P
Just joking.

Let me know how the sticky date pudding turns out. Its actually much easier than I thought...

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on your blog! I am book marking your site for future reference.

I have recently created a florida gardening
site/blog. It pretty much covers florida gardening related stuff.

Stop by and check it out if you have time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home