.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Boy Crazy 4 Eva

In keeping with the hysterical, boy crazy posts of late (really, I'm much more multi-faceted) I would like to direct your attention to Plank's latest creation, the Drop Manufacturing web site.

A few weeks back at the St. Laurent Street fair, Soylent, his friend Shevaughn and I went to Drop's installation - a halfpipe demonstration. Skater boys aplenty, their skate team and cronies only....Mmmmm - I can't get enough of flat abs and gnarly scars.

I've found instant kinship with women who also have a weakness for adulescents* in baggy pants. When I first came to know Petra in Germany, I will never forget walking with her one evening and hearing the familiar thwap! of plywood against concrete. Both of our heads whipped around fast as lightning to check out the scene. I was amazed. I thought, "She's my kind."

I know why we're this way. We're scarred from early formative experiences with skater boys. Way back when they were fewer and further between, they were outcasts of a sort; anti-social, homo-social and, you know, difficult.

OK. I've said enough.

[Shaun, where are you?]



* That is, adult crossed with adolescent. Thank you, Xi, for this fine contribution to my vocab.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adulescents ... *drool*
I think I spent half a day at that sk8 ramp this year.

-nika

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

tee hee hee....you're my kind too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home