.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Seoul Food


Redoxon B
Originally uploaded by Oblivia.
This stuff has been my mainstay all week - I used to use those tabs when I was in my early twenties when I hardly ever drank at all. I've needed them more than ever this week. Phew.

A unofficial Week of Partying has came to a close with an official Night In. We (me and my girls) are putting it down to trying to make the most of a summer that is fast fading. I marked my return to sobriety with a nice Korean meal of mee-yuk guk, jap chae and sang choo sam and kim. Bear in mind that this is the Korean equivalent of eating like someone on the verge of destitution - peasants sniff at meals like this. Big step up in the world for me! Unfortunately, Korean food is just too difficult to do regularly. Too much handling involved (vegetables have to be prepared in a very particular way) ingredients are difficult to get my hands on and I lack the required level of skill.

Claire and I spoke for two hours and I had a late night snack of kimchee and rice and realised that I'm truly my mother's daughter. I miss both of them terribly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home