.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy New Year


Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear
Originally uploaded by Oblivia.

I have done absolutely nothing noteworthy today. I ate leftover pasta for lunch. I am still wearing the clothes I slept in. I have not left the house save for hauling the recycling bin to the curb. I haven't even showered. The only unmediated human contact I've had was with Roomie, F.

And, in spite of all the evidence that would speak to the contrary, I've had a really good day. Better, brighter than the overcast weather should really allow. Not euphoric or anything, but just the kind of day where the objects in the mirror are not closer than they appear.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger pet said...

It definitely sounds like an excellent day. I'd love to have one of these lazy days at home, too.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my life during non-teaching semesters. :)

Cheers!
-MD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home