.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Just Married

Jen and Michel were wed last night. Congratulations, my darlings! They had a short and sweet ceremony so we could get on with the business of eating and drinking. Thanks for looking out for our interests guys! In a brave - and smart - twist on the usual i-do's, the parents of both bride and groom were asked to join in the matrimonial vows and pledged to never come between the two! Ha! Brilliant! With that many witnesses, parents had better mean it...

The highlight of the evening for me was the "surprise musical interlude" that a couple of people had hinted at. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge) Something about Herr Doctor Doctor Wilde doing a number - which he should well do in his capacity of as best man/newly minted music prof. Dr. Wilde took his place at the piano and Michel hit the stage and asked for his bride to join him. Jen was genuinely taken by surprise in this event that she had meticulously planned from start to finish. Then, in an cataclysmic burst of romantic gelignite, Michel sang to his bride. You know the one:

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V for very very extra-ordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore *

Crazy!

The Michel I met years ago would simply never have done something like that. That Michel was so very shy - especially around girls. Who ever knew he was such a romantic??? Its amazing what the love of a good woman can do to you. *sigh*

I also asked Rowan if he would marry me last night. He said "noooooooooo!" and tried to run away. My attempt to restrain him proved fruitless and he escaped my clutches, wily thing. He's only four years old so I have plenty of time to turn him around.

And what does a Twenty First Century couple do when they renovate their home? They blog it. (linked above)

*Love Was Made For You and Me - Nat King Cole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home