.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Mix n' Mismatch

Went to Bita's Birthday Bash and had a wonderful time...paying for it with my sanity, however. Ms. Nikavee seems to have fared much better...though we both Hit the Horizontal.

The inebriation situation is complicated by the fact that I just started taking cough medicine. I started out easy but really tore the arse out of it by the end of the night. I guess it was to be expected.

Today, I took a little more of the meds on an empty stomach, went to work, got some greasy food for lunch and then, halfway through my burger.......I hit the couch. Not feeling so good. Stared at the clouds for a bit. But I felt restless and discomfited by my flagrant show of delinquency in front of my co-workers.

How does my sanity play into it? I had three distinct conversations in which I could barely put the concepts together. I understood all the words individually and the sentences all made sense in and of themselves. But the sentences group together to make concepts and concepts interplay to make bigger concepts and so on. This is where I came unstuck.

For example, I went to Future Shop to enquire about their photo developing service. You can get your photos developed as per usual, or get them on CD-ROM or get them online and just print just the best ones. The choice is yours. The man at the store was nice enough to explain this all to me. But when push came to shove, we still had some sort of miscommunication there after I handed over the roll of film. I was too ashamed to ask him to explain it again from the beginning because I knew I was starting to look like a bit of a dum dum. And I knew that I probably just wouldn't get it anyway if he did and his misgivings would be right.

So I left.

stevey.com says I'm "stoned"

Thank you co-worker Mike for this damn fine coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home