.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Giving Thanks

Happy thanksgiving, especially to the poultry being consumed today. (It IS today, right? I never quite know.) Do you suppose turkeys have their own Jesus figure? Can you imagine what their mythology around death and the afterlife would look like? I'll bet there is no such word as "stuffing" in heaven.

At the time of this harvest, I am grateful for the following:
* what remains of my health
* friends who listen to me and tell me not to be so hard on myself
* friends who offer advice because y'all know i need it
* the indulgence of family who love me
* the ability to make myself laugh (somewhat compensates for the inability to laugh AT myself)
* music
* all puppies
* being born lucky

Thanks for reading too.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

Hey Chip! Thanks for coming from so far away. However, I don't believe you're a Brit with a name like Chip. You better be a WASPy, New England-er who speaks like Thurston Howell III and has a brother called Chet or I will be terrribly disappointed.

I'm in Canada, Montreal specifically, and we give thanks earlier than the US. I consulted Google who said bonfire night is in honour of a traitor. Awesome!

Thanks for the props, luv!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home