.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sydney Nostalgic

So...Claire sends me the link above when I'm already Sydney nostalgic. I think I can put it down to the weather. I've been immensely cheered by the double digit (daytime) temperatures and found myself wondering aloud if there is "a place I can live where its warm and sunny all year round?". Duh. I mean, really, Double Duh.

I'm getting that feeling that everything here is overrated, overhyped and overfamiliar. I get that way with Sydney too only you need to add overpriced to the list to really round it out. Maybe its just about being in a place where I can open the society pages and know who they are talking about (not personally, mind). And why did I ever have a problem with sunshine 320 days a year? Remind me. Since when did the weather matter to me at all? I used to be an All Terrain Vehicle. Now I feel like a...I dunno....something that doesn't drive when its shitty out. Aaaargh....Even my metaphors are going nowhere.

Where the fuck did I get so negative? Is it your fault? I'll bet it is!

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Oblivia said...

[shakes fist] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home