.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

"Heeeeeeeeeey, I remember you!"

...were the unwelcome welcome words from the bouncer at Jupiter Room last night. I just popped my head in as I was walking home to see if I could catch a friend. Atomic and Bita can attest, the short time we spent there on Thursday night was occasion for a low personal watermark. A quote from Top Gun was swimming through my head all Friday: "Your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash."

I have, however, managed to settle a burning issue I'm sure has been hot on everyone's agenda - plans for New Year's Eve. I will, as I have done twice in years past, WORK. Its just easier that way.

I helped a friend on a philosophy paper last night on a book I've never read feeling like a fraud for I'm seemingly helpless to help myself on that score.

If you need me, I will be in my hole. *sigh*

7 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Top Gun quote sounds awfully similar to MLK's I Have a Dream speech - "This country has written a cheque that has been marked insufficient funds." Hm....

But perhaps the secret to it all is to enter the 21st century and try to use your ABM card to cash in on writing the paper. :)

By the way, tried to post a comment on your 3 20's post - but the system crashes and gives an error message. :(


-MD

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Oblivia said...

Hey MD!

Glad you could join us! Finally!

I cannot buy my way out of this problem. I must SUFFER. Sweet sweet suffering...

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad, isn't it? I've always been ahead of the technology curve, but am slowly getting behind, eh? :)

I still use overheads instead of power point. Go figure.

No need to buy yourself out - you will do it when you are ready - and it will be a good product that has had enough time to ferment well. :)

-MD

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

But....will it make me famous, MD?

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

I don't think you're so much behind the technology curve...you're just shy, right?

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fame is so highly over-rated, no? No privacy, people always checking to see if you've done something illicit, cameras everywhere. Yuck.

Yes, I guess I'm shy. :)

-MD

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

MD - this sounds a bit like my life right now (except the one with camera is me), so I guess I'm used to it. I'm no Paris Hilton, but, yes, you are shy.

Thanks for coming out to play here though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home