.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Public Ineffectual

For entertainment purposes only.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

"Beauty and strength; this is connected to everything in life."

I used to joke that the only exercise I did was shopping and clubbing which, although a joke, was nominally true at the time.

Lately, every time I go out all I want to do is dance. I think this is a good sign, overall. Sunday night, Atomic and I went out for a couple of quiet pints and ended up dancing to some big, BIG house beats at Blizzarts alone on the dancefloor, closing the place down yet again. That which is good for the body, is good for the soul.

That which is good for the soul, is also good for the body. Listening to music while walking downtown the other day made me groan out loud with pleasure. (FYI: Steinski vs. Skratch Perverts/Plus 1/Jonathon More, BBC1 "Breezeblock") Visceral pleasure is difficult to come by.

I've been going to the gym and it gives me a wonderful sense of well-being. How do you say..."natural high"? The rumours are true, everybody. This is a rough typology of the gym demographic: overindulged out-of-province students, gay men, mafia foot men and strippers. I guess I fall into the first category - without the neo-valley girl accent, mind you.

But - wait - Oblivia at the gym??? Click link above for a sense of what that might look like.

4 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger mtlanglo said...

we should head out for some house sometime-- I have the dancing as fitness routine bug as well :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought the 5th type of gym person was the smokers that were trying to expand their lungs and make up for the smoke. But I'm happy to know you aren't a mafia foot man or a stripper. :)

-MD

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

MtlAnglo - you're ON!

MD - those categories are not mutually exclusive; student slides into stripper quite easily in this city. And you're right, I am the fifth "smoking poodle" category. But aren't you glad I'm rubbing shoulders with the mafia footmen? ;)

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy....So you have slipped into multiple categories then, eh? Hm....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home